Come on Santa......work with me!

So we were the first in line at the mall to visit Santa. Riley has been talking about Santa for months, so of course we headed to the mall the FIRST day Santa was available. In the past Riley has been terrified of Santa. This year he reassured me that Santa was not scary!!! As we approached Santa, Riley was repeatedly telling himself, "Santa not scary, Santa not scary, Santa not scary." The photographer and I positioned the boys and they were ready. Trying to get a 2 year old and a 8 month old to smile at the same time is tricky! I finally managed to get some smiles as I was singing, dancing, and moving around a plush Barney toy. I look over at the photographer, and she is on the phone. The camera is broken. For the next ten minutes, the boys remain on Santa's lap, and I am right next to them, trying to keep them interested and calm. I start asking Riley what he wants for Christmas, asking him to ask Santa about his reindeer etc. etc. Meanwhile Riley is giving me this terrible, uncertain stare. I know that we have limited time, before Riley wants to leave. As I am trying to prompt a conversation between Riley and Santa, I realize Santa has not spoken to the boys AT ALL. I mean come on, if you hate your job that much, than pick a different career. Santa was not friendly, did not speak, and looked overly annoyed at my persistence to get a picture taken. Finally, the camera started to work and we got our picture. Riley and Taylor left confused and I left pooped out!

No comments:

Lilypie
Lilypie