New Project....check!



One thing that I have always admired about my mom is that she is very creative and crafty. She can sew and fix almost everything. Growing up she always made our halloween costumes, bedroom curtains, and she has made both the boys numerous handmade things. That being said, I think I got an itch to try to get creative and start a new project. Ever since I bought Taylor's crib set, I started to dislike it more and more each day. It was the modern uptown set, and I was having trouble finding anything babyish to match. Finally I decided it was time to get a new crib set and start all over. I chose a cute animal safari crib set, with many colors and animals. I painted wood letters for a wall decoration and found some matching wall art at the thrift store. I headed to Michaels to get some more ideas and found some paint and safari animals. I painted an old wall shelf and added some animals and wala, my very first artsy project!!!




Oh yeah, I also got new curtains and a new lamp at Target, both of which were on clearance. During this new redecorating kick, Matt has slowly noticed the transformation of Taylor's room. I didn't really feel the need to tell him that I was going to do it, because we all know men and what the response would have been! I realize that Taylor and Matt might not get much satisfaction out of the new nursery but it feels wonderful to me.



I am a person who has to try really hard to be creative and artistic, so my first time I think I did alright! Now I am dreaming of a sewing machine, but we don't need to mention that to Matt quite yet!!!!

No comments:

Lilypie
Lilypie