Emotion

Riley has been really interested in learning about emotions lately. I went and found some books and some online games to help him understand emotion. Now everyday he has to explain to me who is feeling sad, who is happy, who is mad etc. etc. etc.

Riley:"Mom I might just have to cry now."
Me: "Why honey, what is wrong?" (We were getting into the car, leaving Target)
Riley: "Well sometimes it's hard to say goodbye."
Me: "I know but you will see them again soon." (Not knowing what he was referring to)

Then there was silence and then a few minutes later Riley asks, "Mom, do you think Thomas is sad like me?" I held back my laughter and told Riley that Thomas missed him but that he could go back to Target to visit Thomas soon. That seemed to resolve the issue for at least that day.

No comments:

Lilypie
Lilypie