Potty Training, No Problem!

Okay so I would love to report that we breezed through potty training with no hurdles. We have made progress, but we are no where near complete. At first Riley seemed to like to sit on his fancy Elmo potty. He would do it without us having to urge him. Then he wanted a bath everytime he sat on the potty ( with no results) so we started taking 3 baths a day. So we still hadn't had any results in the potty. I then stopped the bath routine, in hopes that once we got results he could have a bath. I explained this to Riley and he smiled. The next morning I ask him to try to use the potty. He runs into the bathroom and sits on the potty with his jeans still on. So I rush over and pull them down, thinking THIS IS IT, WE ARE GOING TO DO IT! Riley has a seat on the potty and all of a sudden starts making the peeing sound with his mouth. I was shocked, and before you know it he stands up and starts clapping for himself. I double checked to make sure he hadn't gone, and he was already half way in the bath. I pulled him out of the bath and tried to explain to him that he had to actually pee in the toilet. He started laughing! So he understands the concept of what to do, but still has not done it. Since he is not yet two, I am going to back off. At least we have the idea introduced to him, right?? We will slowly keep working on it, I guess. I will post some new pictures soon, better run Riley just woke up and doesn't sound too happy:(

P.S. Tomorrow we go for a visit to the U of M Pediatric Urology clinic, where Riley will be getting a follow-up ultrasound on his undescended testicle, and my little Taylor will be circumcised... PLEASE PRAY FOR ME TOMORROW!!LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did everyting go? I hope it all went smoothly.

Lilypie
Lilypie